Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the weekend- d.c. style

Breezing through Saturday and Sunday... because truthfully I feel like the sight-seeing bit is boring for you at this point. I'm still enjoying it. I'm not sure all the beautiful sights in this city could ever get old.

Saturday we woke up late and went to the zoo, where I reaffirmed my doubts about having children. We took the back exit out of the zoo (risky idea) and ended up taking a gorgeous (but leghty) walk through Rock Creek Park. We met a few friends at the National's game in the second inning and suprisingly they won! We also got to see someone hit a homerun!

Then we went home and showered and went out with Ramey for dinner (at like midnight). We watched L.A. play Chelsea (MLS) and Beckham's first game for L.A. He only played like 9 minutes, but dang he looked good. In case you don't know this about me, I am a HUGE soccer fan, and I do believe that David Beckham is possibly the reason God invented soccer. YaY for God!

Sunday was more sight-seeing. Lunch on the steps of the Library of Congress, the National Art Gallery, a sculpture garden, and the Natural History Museum. Then we tried to go on that tour of the Potomac at night again with Reuben, another failure, and ended up walking to the monuments at night. It was good. I just hope Julie enjoyed it as much as I did.

I'm SO glad she came to visit. It really made this weekend a lot of fun. I would have been very lonely if she weren't here, because Sarah's boyfriend came to visit and she was gone all weekend. Tater was in a terrible mood all weekend. She got in to it with Ramey. I'm just trying to stay out of her way to tell you the truth. Only a week left.

No comments: