Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring, soon I will be snoring!

I really am going to fall asleep at any moment, so if my typing is slurred and becomes jibberish, you'll know why. I'll clean up the drool on the keyboard later.

Last night we went home after work and collapsed. We ate left over pizza and cheese dip and sat around and hung out. We didn't go anywhere, or do anything, but we did have a lot of fun. It was just Sarah, Ramey, Tater and I.

I decided it was bed time around 12:30 and apparently I was wrong. Tater and I began a discussion about equal education opporunities based on test scores, basically potential v. qualification that ended up in a religious debate. I would have let the conversation die long before 3am, but I couldn't seem to let her think that I was giving up.

It really sheds a whole new light on my faith when I try to explain it to someone who doesn't even believe in God, or after-life, or that humans have souls. It's so much more challenging. Not necessarily a challenge I enjoy, but it does make me appreciate my Interdisciplinary education. In the Honors College I was taught to debate with all sorts of people and engage in educational conversation for the sake of learning and searching, and I am very thankful that I have been able to put that to use the past week and a half.

Granted, I get annoyed with her, and I want to kick and scream and throw my shoes, but suprisingly I've been fairly patient and thorough in my arguements. I just pray that God keeps giving me wisdom and courage and love.

I'm not, but I know I AM.

I can't believe I stayed up til 2:45am talking about the "problem of evil" and "free will". Ugh.

No comments: