Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thursday night: Rude never gets old.

So, I’m not sure where I left off from before, but I’ll start with Thursday.

Sarah and I skipped out on the Capitol Hill softball league and went shopping in Georgetown instead. It was glorious. We originally had plans to go to Matchbox, this brick oven pizza place in Chinatown and then hit up RnR which is the dance club that our friend Jamaal insisted we visit on Thursday. He said that a UCA alum owned the place and that he promised we would enjoy it. Sarah had been wanting to dance for days, so we settled on RnR. Shopping, however, sort of made out plans come in a far-fetched second. We found an Urban Outfitters and spent at least two solid hours there. I ended up finding a great pair of jeans and a shirt for Brad. Then we attempted to eat dinner at Clyde’s, a restaurant that everyone in our office had gushed about. We sat down, gave the menu the once-over and couldn’t find anything appealing. Simultaneously we started talking about how amazing Burger King sounded… so after not much debate we decided to order an appetizer and get Burger King for the real meal. The appetizer we ordered, we were informed by the chef, was not available, so we ended up leaving the waitress a $6 tip for water and bread and heading back to the metro.

When we finally got to the main metro hub where we had to switch trains it was packed. There was work being done on the line that we needed to take to Chinatown (where the only Burger King we knew of was located) and it took thirty minutes for a train to get there. There were a ton of people waiting on the train and Sarah got in to it with a lady pushing a stroller who was trying to get on the train. I found it humorous. Sarah almost cried.

The lady was waiting behind Sarah and she pushed the stroller in to her heels. Sarah turned around and said “Your stroller is digging in to my heels.”

The lady replied. “I know, F***!”

I’m not sure I mentioned this, but Sarah is the most paranoid person that I know. The entire time we were out by ourselves she was constantly fretting and fearful that we were going to get raped, killed, or even worse, hit on. Sometimes this is humorous. Sometimes, annoying.

We got Burger King. It was the best food I’d had in years. We made it back to GW. No one raped us, or killed us, or even hit on us.

I’ll continue later. There’s work to be done.

No comments: