Monday, July 9, 2007

Hello, my name is Lisa. How can I not help you?

Wow.
This week is going to be VERY different than last. The office last week was quiet and laid back and kind of boring. This week there are six interns here... as opposed to two last week. We are pretty much sitting on top of each other and there isn't just a whole lot for us to do. The main objective is to stay out of everyone's way... and that is difficult to do.

Saturday night was long and boring... we walked around in the ghetto for an hour trying to find somewhere to eat, and finally found a pretty nice diner in Adams-Morgan. Then we came back to GW and I went to bed. I know I'm lame.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I felt like I was a freshman back in the dorm at UCA. I slept in and skipped church (which I feel bad about) and got up around 12. We [Sarah, Tater, and I] went to lunch and Potbelly's and engaged in a fairly heated race conversation. I determined from this conversation that race in the North is VERY different from race in the South. Tater was completely unaware of some of the problems and issues we face... I won't start here, but know that she just doesn't see why white people have any thing to say about affirmative action or equal opportunity. Really?!

Then we went back to GW and I took a nap, because I had such a long day. I slept til like 6, and then Ramy and I went to Safeway and we decided to all stay in and order pizza. Cheese dip, pizza, and chocolate cookies turned the night into a full-fledged dance party. We had a blast.

Today was totally stressful. I can't wait for 6 o'clock to come. I just want out of the office and out of the way ASAP.

More tomorrow... when things are calmer.... yea, right.

1 comment:

a Student of Sales said...

Attention sis, HEAD UP! Do you want me to read you some of the stuff on your door?

Just messing, luv ya!

Keith