Friday, July 13, 2007

Catching you up!

Well, this week has flown by, despite a slow start. I am kind of behind on the blogs, as you might have noticed... but I assure nothing major has happened.

As you might have observed from the last post, Tuesday was hellacious. I can't think of one positive thing to say about Tuesday, except that I got to talk to Brad for thirty minutes late that night. He's wonderful. I also found a new cider that I adore... strong bow... it's great. However, after enjoying it for the first time, I was exposed to the rudest waiter I have ever came into contact with. We were at a place called Tavern 51, or something like that, and the National League v. American League game was on, so the place was packed out. Our tab was about $26 altogther, and when we asked him to split it up he said no. So, I paid for my one cider ($5) and left a $2 tip. (I ALWAYS over-tip. I just have sympathy for servers). The other two people on the tab paid for their own, and that was that. After we had all paid, the server walked over to our table and the conversation went as follows:

"I don't know if you guys have ever been to a restaurant before, but I just wanted to let you guys know that on a $26 tab, a $2 tip is NOT sufficient."

Shock from the table. We are stunned.

"I mean, my tips pay the rent, and I cannot pay my rent on $2."

Still shocked. He walks away, comes back. Complains again. wow.

So, needless to say, this fine young gentleman didn't exactly add to my not-so-great day. I'm not sure if the other two people I was with stiffed him, but it made Tuesday even worse than it already was.

More later.

1 comment:

William R. Porterfield said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your misery... I mean commentary. Keep up the writing! I hope this internship is everything you hoped it would be... See you soon.

Love,
William