Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Texas, oh Texas!

I realized that I never explained why the last post was entitled Birthday Cake. I've been craving birthday cake since I got to D. C. although I'm not sure why this is. However, we've searched everywhere and just have ran in to any birthday cake. So, you can imagine my complete bliss when I got up Monday morning and noticed a white cake with white and pink icing on the counter in the kitchen. Sarah brought it home and I was ecstatic.... really. It gave me a sense of comfort (I know, dangerous.)

Moving on... today has been boring. I'm sitting at the front desk... where else would I be? and answering phone, doing clerical duties, and feeling like I didn't have to go to college for this. blah. Not even the occasional text from Brad to keep my day interesting... he's busy at work. boo. That's okay... I never pass up the chance to surf the internet all day and be a bum. I might even get ambitious in a little while and venture downstairs to get a snack. I shouldn't.

OldTown tonight with Reuben. I've decided that if I ever plan on moving back to D.C. and living here then I want to live in Virginia. So, he's going to show me around and hopefully that will impove the chances of me being able to bear this city in the future. Right now I just can't handle the thought of living here, even though I love it so much.

I really can't wait to get home. I miss my family, my friends, my church, my bed, and Conway so much! I won't get back to UCA until late August, but being in Texas will at least make me feel closer. I talked to Jenn yesterday and she said that Hannah learned to smile. That's crazy! I can't wait to get home and see her... I'm sure it's beautiful. I miss everything... Pray for my daddy today... he didn't have a very good night and when I talked to Mom this morning things didn't sound good. The dr. switched his pain medication though, so maybe that will help.

I can't tell you how bored I am right now. I hope this isn't what the real world is always like. =)

No comments: