Saturday, July 7, 2007

WARNING: No stalkers, funny stories, or subway fights in this post... feel free to skim. =)

I'm going to skip over Friday because it was fairly uneventful, except to tell you that we had dinner on the boardwalk of the Potomac and it was wonderful. Then we found this cute little live jazz place and had a fun evening just dancing and hanging out. I also got off of work at 1:30, which was AWESOME and Sarah and I went shopping at Union station. There was an Express sale and I didnt buy a thing. Be proud.

Today I slept in... glorious! and made Tater mad because I hopped in the shower before she woke up (which she does to me every day during the week) and she had to wait to use the bathroom. Whatev. Moments later she was hitting on Sarah and I, so she couldn't have been that mad. I'm still really weirded out, but I am getting used to her.

Sarah and I decided to check out the open air market and after a quick lunch we spent about an hour looking at local paintings, jewelry, fresh fruit and vegetables, and furniture. It was a charming place, and had we not been planning to really go shopping after we left I might have bought a few things, especially the fresh strawberries for 2.50 a quart. (Sorry Mom, I don't know if that's a good price or not, but they looked and smelled REALLY good).

After the Eastern Market we went to Pentagon City for the real mall experience. That's how I usually spend my Saturday's at home, so I figured it would cure the tinge of homesickness creeping in. I was right. We found a Forever 21 with a huge sale and I subdued my shopping thirst for the moment. An Auntie Anne's pretzel and a fountain coke later, and it was time to head "home", but not before stopping in at the tanning salon across the street from our apartment. $15 for a single visit. Are you kidding me?! I can live with pasty for a month.

Now I'm just sitting here. Tatyana is at an internet cafe sipping a latte and trying to look romantic, Sarah and Ramy are out running in Georgetown, and I'm too sleepy to call anyone else and find something to do. I think I'll take a nap before dinner tonight. I think the rest of today will be sort of quiet. I'm okay with that.

No comments: